JULIE MARTIN RN
2516 W. Cullom Ave
Jacksonville, NC 28540
A Clinic Nurse position, in a Family Practice or other clinical setting.
RN Clinic Nurse Supervisor
Bush Family Practice Clinic, Camp Courtney
US Naval Hospital, Okinawa
June 2005 - December 2007
Family Practice job encompasses a broad scope of professional nursing duties in the care of the pediatric, medical-surgical, adult, obstetrical and
geriatric patients. I act as Supervising Clinical Nurse for the clinic.
- Make nursing care
assignments for hospital corps staff and MLC employees; direct and guide them in providing optimal
- Triage patients in person and over the telephone. Inform providers/staff members of patients' urgent health care needs.
- Perform nursing procedures such as: venipuncture, urinary
catheterization and nasogastric intubation.
- Accurately and safely
administer oxygen,start and administer IV fluids with or without medications added, administer blood
products (i.e. RhoGam) according to proper procedures.
- Administer prescribed medications intravenously, orally, subcutaneously, intramuscularly, rectally, topically and
- Teach both formal and informal classes to professional and non-professional staff.
- Administer vaccines and allergens as indicated for routine and or special requirements.
- Provide individual and
family patient education concerning prescribed medications,immunizations,and allergens.
Onslow Memorial Hospital
Jacksonville, North Carolina
May 2001 - May 2005
As a staff nurse working at Onslow Memorial Hospital I provided quick and accurate nursing assessments and care to patients within the acute care/urgent/emergent
- Provided skilled nursing care to patients for stabilization and transport within the
hospital setting and outside the hospital setting.
- Accurate nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Create correct documentation and review and evaluation of
provider's orders, notes and MARS.
- Administered medication via different routes and skills per
- Stabilized and monitored patients from pediatrics to geriatrics in routine, acute, urgent
and emergent situations.
- Work closely with providers and other staff members, professional and non-professional
and also ancillary staff within the hospital.
Coastal Carolina Community College
Associate in Nursing 2001
3.0 out of 4 Point GPA; 130 Semester Hours
Troy State University
Associate in Business 1998
3.5 out of 4 Point GPA; 120 Semester Hours
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Trauma Nursing Core Course
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse - ANCC
- State Nursing license: North Carolina
I currently hold memberships in the following organizations: Emergency Nurses Association,American Academy
of Ambulatory Care Nursing,American Nurse Association of North Carolina,Okinawa Nurse Association and
American Medical-Surgical Nursing.