2099 47th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94116
Data warehouse developer and business analyst opportunities requiring expertise with large, complex data warehouses.
- Complex business analysis using Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Tools
- Data Warehouse design, implementation and support (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Fortune 500 large-scale Data Warehouse specialist
- Technology assessment, acquisition and implementation
- IT Project Management for data warehouse initiatives
Business Systems Analyst / Data Warehouse Developer
2008 - present
- Analyze customer data (premium services billing) to understand customer behavior, preferences and trends. What clusters of products are owned by customers?
For how long? In what sequence are products purchased? Analysis done on data warehouse (Oracle, Linux) using SQL (SQL*Plus, Toad), Micro Strategies
and Microsoft Access/Excel.
- Analyze customer value data. Customers impart value to Yahoo through direct purchase of products and by surfing the Yahoo site. Stratify customers and values
to understand the most valuable relationships among products, customer groups and customer behaviors. Analysis done on large files using Perl, UNIX shell scripts
and MySQL database. Responsible for database design, DBA functions and ETL development.
- Build intranet Web application in support of Yahoo e-mail channel. Yahoo business units submit e-mail delivery requests which are input to the Web application,
and then monitored, reviewed, approved, provisioned and controlled by users of the Web application. The Web application was designed, developed and installed
on a UNIX server using HTML, PHP, Apache and MySQL. Responsible for database development and design, DBA functions and ETL.
Santa Clara, CA
2006 - 2007
Developed ETL for data warehouse (Teradata, Oracle, UNIX), extracting data from DB2 exports, and using COBOL to transform data to production UNIX load files
for loading via Oracle SQLLoad.
Data Warehouse Consultant
Robert Half Technology
San Francisco, CA
2001 - 2006
Engaged in Data Warehouse and Data Mart projects on Teradata, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server from MVS, UNIX and Microsoft platforms. Activities
include data analysis, business analysis and reporting. Used SQL, OLAP, business intelligence tools and Crystal Reports.
Data Warehouse Developer / Business Analyst
- The McCormick Group. Data Warehouse Development. Implemented multiple server (several US locations) Data Warehouse using SQL Server. Developed stored procedures to assist users in the population of tables, and for monthly reporting. Developed database replication (updating subscriber mode) of a common data store among the SQL servers.
- EarthLink. Database Development. Develop database to support Marketing Campaign Analysis. Converted Access application to SQL Server database. Integrated external and internal data sources using DTS. Provided support of householding, marketing campaign management and campaign evaluation with reports using SQL and Excel.
- Verizon. Data Warehouse Development and ETL. Migrated terabyte data warehouse from Oracle databases (multiple locations) to Teradata (UNIX) over WAN using FTP. Developed and implemented ETL using Informatica, data loaded using FastLoad and Multiload. Used Teradata Manager to create DDL and monitor performance. Reporting developed using BTEQ and SQL. Supported Business Objects business intelligence deployment.
- State of Illinois - Family, Health and Safety. Database Development & ETL. Conversion of manual benefit system to ATM-based Electronic Benefit Transfer system with Citibank. System uses Teradata for tracking, reporting and fraud analysis. Participated in database design and installation. Completed FastLoads, MultiLoads and FastExports. Reporting developed with BTEQ and SQL. Teradata Manager used for performance monitoring.
San Francisco, CA
1999 - 2001
Business Analyst / Data Warehouse Developer
- Sales Support of predictive modeling services. Applied data warehouse methodologies to data from various financial institutions in preparation for modeling - enabling identification of customers with a high propensity to acquire a product.
- Completed householding and stratification of client data to develop product and profitability profiles.
- Completed market basket analysis for major retailers to determine what products are purchased together - in support of promotion strategies.
- Analysis completed on database and data warehouse environments: Teradata, Oracle/UNIX and SQL Server using BTEQ, SQL, Microsoft Access and proprietary data mining software.
Wells Fargo Bank
San Francisco, CA
1994 - 1999
Business analyst and data warehouse developer involved in all aspects of the data warehouse IT infrastructure, which includes IBM mainframes and one of the largest Teradata installations, supporting over 1000 users. Reporting and analysis using BTEQ, SQL, GQL and other business intelligence tools.
Project Manager / Business Systems Analyst
- In tandem with McKinsey & Co., completed profitability analysis of products, customers and services - enabling appropriate product pricing and customer service levels.
- Assessed value of using Predictive Modeling and spearheaded adoption to marketing programs.
- Member of bank's Acquisition Team responsible for Due Diligence Reporting - acquiring and loading institutions data on Teradata and completing detailed financial audit and analysis quickly.
- Supported marketing programs using Householding, Customer Relationship Management, Market Segmentation and Portfolio Analysis
- Developed systems to assess Credit Portfolio Risk/Loss and to track nonperforming loans.
- Member of bank's team to assess Mutual Fund sales opportunities.
American Container Companies, LTD
1991 - 1994
IT Project Manager and Business Systems Analyst leading the effort to implement an Information Processing and Decision Support environment for end users - based on a Teradata platform.
- managed a group of professionals who participated with users in business problem analysis, and delivered solutions through relational technology and business intelligence tools.
- Developed a comprehensive sales information system for use by the sales organization, both in North America and Asia. The system provided quality, account focused, sales information to the sales representative and fostered a more intelligent and productive sales call.
- Database Environments: Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL
- Operating Environments: IBM MVS, UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Business Intelligence Tools: Business Objects, Micro Strategy, Crystal Reports, NOMAD, GQL
- Data Warehouse Tools: SQL and ETL tools for above database environments
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2003
St. Mary's College
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara, California
BS, Mechanical Engineering