210 Hilltop Drive
EMT - PARAMEDIC: To continue my career as a Paramedic in the Emergency Services field,
contributing my skills in exceptionally challenging settings.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Emergency Medical Technician with over 10 years experience in the field.
Dedicated, intelligent and compassionate professional with superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Continually maintain thorough knowledge of medical
technology by obtaining professional certifications and attending technical training sessions. Solid
time-management, client relationship and computer expertise. Possess excellent organizational skills
and ability to multitask with exceptional interpersonal and communication capabilities.
- Proven ability to respond immediately and confidently during emergencies
- Dedicated in providing medical assistance in stabilizing patient's condition
- Provided IV, IM and SQ medications to patient as needed
- Administered ACLS cardiac medications to persons in cardiac arrest and life threatening dysrhythmias.
- Successfully intubated over 20 patients in the field
- Provided triage and advanced care to injured patients in MVA’s
- Performed 2 successful needle thoracostomys in the field to patients with collapsed lungs due to
gunshot and stab wounds.
- Commited to continuous learning
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital
2007 - present
- Provided direct care to all incoming Emergency
- Initiated patient care with appropriate treatments, staying within
established guidelines and current level of training
- Observed patients, documenting and updating Emergency Department
personnel as warranted
- Developed policies guiding paramedic practices
in the Emergency Department
- Member of the hospital trauma committee and hospital decontamination team
- Mentored and oriented new Emergency Department members
- Designed new Emergency Technician orientation program
Lagrange County Ambulance Services
2005 - 2007
- Responded to medical calls in a wide geographical area, collaborating with medical professionals at
clinics/hospitals to coordinate stabilization/care/transport.
- Assessed injuries, conditions and illness;
administered appropriate procedures/tests; helped determine best route to call scene.
- Used Life Pack
12, monitored cardiac patients with ECG, printed and interpreted information.
- Administered medications via mouth, injection or IV; inserted endotracheal tubes; monitored patient status.
- Ensured compliance with all agency and regulatory requirements.
- Trained new hires in procedures and equipment set-up.
- Managed availability and readiness of equipment
- Part of a team of 4 that developed the design and layout for 6 new ALS ambulances
EMT - Intermediate/Paramedic
Life Care Ambulance Services
2004 - 2005
- Provide emergency medical support in capacity of Paramedic, primarily for Pre-Hospital assessment and
treatment on an ambulance.
- Additionally assisting in the emergency room providing direct patient care
including phlebotomy, IV start, endotracheal intubation, and cardiac monitoring, and drug administration.
- Assist nursing staff and physicians while performing acute care procedures.
- Assist Director of EMS with purchasing of supplies, including
the purchase of two new ambulances. Personally designed every aspect of the two new ambulances as well
as fleet maintenance of all the ambulances.
2001 - 2004
- Emergency vehicle operator, responding with speed and safety
to scenes of accident and/or illness
- Performed patient assessment and provided appropriate care as
outlined by protocols and medical direction
- Coordinated with on-scene personnel and transporting ambulance
- Conducted regular equipment and vehicle inspections
Samaritan Ambulance LLC
2000 - 2001
- Duties: EMT Basic, supported basic trauma, life support and advanced life support decisions and functions
in the emergency pre-hospital environment.
Auburn City Fire Department
1996 - 1998
- Provided fill-in support to full-time staff firefighters, as well as for all mandatory all-calls for
fire emergency incidents.
- Duties included but were not limited to fire suppression, extrication,
Haz-mat containment, EMS, search and rescue, public education, daily truck checks, station maintenance,
Associates Degree Paramedic Science
Indiana EMT - Paramedic
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Certified
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Certified
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support -- Certified
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support - Certified