MICHAEL BISHOP, PMP
8251 Briarwick Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277
- Knowledgeable and adaptive Project Management professional with extensive experience in strategic planning, project management, business assessment, process design, knowledge management, and technical and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated talent for designing, building, testing and implementing innovative web-based technology solutions. Resourceful leader possessing exceptional communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to apply a customer oriented approach to project management, ensuring that the client's needs are met while consistently remaining within the original budget and a project guidelines.
- Project Manager with solid background in leading and mentoring cross functional, geographically diverse teams to successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Change Control Management
- Requirements Definition
- RFP Design, Deployment, & Evaluation
- Project Plan Creation & Maintenance
- Software Engineering and Development
- Contract Negotiation & Compliance
- Outsourcing Management
- Risk Plan & Risk Management
- Budget and Project Costing
- Meeting Facilitation & Status Reporting
- Transition to Support & Decommission
- Scope of Work Creation & Management
- Gantt, PERT, & Network Charts
- Work Breakdown Structures
- RFP Response & Closure
- Systems & Network Integration
- Performance & Service Level Agreements
Project Manager, Vice President
Wells Fargo Bank/Wachovia Corp
Charlotte, North Carolina
2003 - present
Selected due to outstanding project management skills to manage end to end intranet and client/server application development using defined project methodologies. Given responsibility to manage business requirements, identify solution alternatives, establish and document system specifications, estimate resource and budget requirements, create detailed project plans, manage client relationships, coordinate project resources and activities, facilitate issue resolution, communicate status, and provide vital assistance with user interface design and process reengineering.
Manager, Project Management Office
- Managed project to improve the accessibility of market research business intelligence to all researchers and clients, minimized the risk of duplicating research analyses, and enhanced the productivity of the Market Research staff through the creation and implementation of an innovative web-based knowledge management tool, known as eResearch.
- Conceptualized and designed an innovative web-based interview and ad hoc reporting system that enabled a systematic process for gathering and evaluating business requirements, ultimately resulting in substantially improved operational and financial efficiency and increased customer satisfaction.
- Project Manager for the launch of a creative intranet web site for the Information Management division that supplies clients with online access to process driven productivity tools, streamlines communications within the company, supports collaboration between team members, and creates an efficient access channel for the corporate data warehouse.
- Created and managed the implementation of a portfolio monitoring system, enabling financial analysts to efficiently track and monitor asset quality risk trends ultimately resulting in reduced credit losses and increased profitability.
- Implemented a system that captures customers' do not solicit requests and forwards these requests to all customer contact points. Successfully deliver this system two months ahead of schedule and under budget, enabling the bank to comply with new federal guidelines and support strategic privacy initiatives.
- Project Manager for the development of a web-based problem tracking system for the data warehouse project management group that significantly improved issue communication, ownership and timely resolution.
Bank of America
2000 - 2003
Change Manager / Project Manager
- Manager, Project Office. Managed Project Management staff, Quality Assurance and Technical Writing staff.
- Managed open enrollment technical projects for 20,000
- Delivered successful SAS-70 and SOX audits
- Managed contracts and vendors; implemented PM tools
- Created universal web-based technical documentation
1998 - 2000
Consultant Project Manager
- Change manager role in the Procurement division.
- Provided a structure and framework for the rapid deployment of future
- Developed effective organizational design to maximize communication and
minimize management overhead.
- Developed strategy for existing program of business change,
enabling the recruitment and development of permanent staff from 80%
contract to 40% in first 12 months.
- Provided capacity and capability planning, working with HR for consistent, appropriate sizings
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
1997 - 1998
- Managed full project lifecycle implementing Performance Appraisal 3rd party
- Implemented process review solutions with clients based on their
requirements, and managed project deliverables.
- Managed implementation plans for each client team
- Converted data and
built business rules
1994 - 1996
- Set up HR vendor system, Benefits, Benefits Open enrollment, Compensation and
- Converted data and reengineered processes to fit new requirements.
- Gathered requirements, defined gaps, and offered solutions to the business units.
First Charter Bank
1992 - 1994
- Stakeholder interviews, Requirements review, preliminary system design, and
joint application design workshops, develop the Test Evaluation
Master Plan, and Error and Corrective Policy and Procedure.
- Create a test schedule to conform to the confines of the Project Schedule and also
deliver value to client.
- Shop and procured automated testing tools
facilitating Program Policy and Standards and compliance; support
repeatable testing procedures.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute certified